Colorado Society of CPAs Community Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
Community discussion lists are provided as a service of the Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (COCPA). The information contained herein is not intended to take the place of either the written law or regulations. Any views or opinions presented in the postings are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the COCPA. In no event shall COCPA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted by members.
- Participants are encouraged to use these forums for professional and informational purposes to benefit their practice. The COCPA will not editorially control postings; however, the COCPA reserves the right to delete any messages that, in the sole discretion, are inappropriate for the group.
- When posting a message, include your name and affiliation.
- To cut down on unnecessary messages in a community, please do not send replies such as “thank you for the information” to the entire group. Instead, reply to the sender. Also, before replying to a question posted to an community, please review all responses in case the question has already been answered by another group member.
- Do not post commercial messages - this includes, but is not limited to, job openings/opportunities, firm/business acquisitions, and CPE programs not affiliated with the COCPA. If you have a service or product that you believe someone may be interested in, contact them directly via private email or other means. Do feel free, nonetheless, to discuss specific products or services; just remember that your comments are made in the public domain. As such, you are responsible for your comments just as if this were a live discussion or a printed publication.
- Discussion of fees is prohibited.
- This is a discussion area, where opinions and differences of opinion are welcome. However, challenging or attacking others is not appropriate.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants COCPA and users of the communities the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
- The COCPA does not regularly monitor every community. Participants who suspect that unauthorized or illegal activity is occurring in an COCPA forum are recommended to report such activity to the COCPA Webmaster at email@example.com or 303-741-8609.
- We will investigate any complaints of possible policy violations that come to our attention and take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing content and terminating accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right to take no action. We will adhere to the following "Three Strikes" Policy outlining consequences for participants who violate the Code of Conduct:
- Upon the first violation, the participant will receive a written warning from an COCPA staff member.
- A second violation will result in a three-month suspension from COCPA Link.
- A third violation will result in immediate and permanent suspension of all COCPA Link privileges.